Thursday 14 July 2011

Purander-Sinhgad one day trek


This week I planned to  trek at least 3 new forts but due to unavailability of “mavle”, couldn’t execute that.
But my passion could not let me sit ideal for whole day. So I decided to trek two forts in a day which is nearer to Pune and can be done alone.
So I choose Purandar and Sinhgad.
 
  On Saturday morning I left the room @ 7.00 A.M. all alone on my bike. Reached @ Narayanpur and took blessings from “Ekmukhi Datta”.
I parked my bike on the fort near Bini darwaja and started the climb(easier one). It took only 15 minutes to reach at top. The fortification is still in good condition. There are lots of water cistern on the forts…….I wander on the forts for an hour ……….took breakfast @ Kedareshwar temple(highest point)….I descend down quickly so that to reach @ Sinhgad base as soon as possible……..(There is one route from Pune –Bangalore highway @ Kondhaneshwar phata to reach Sinhgad directly)
 
I reached Sinhgad base @ 2.00PM..that was real hot sunny environment…which made me already exhausted. I planned to climb the fort as early as I can(The record time to climb the Sinhgad is 32minutes).
So I literally started to run/climb towards fort and within 15 minutes I was out of breath. I stopped @ stall, drunk limbu sharbat and then climb smartly…means sometimes using shortcuts(steeper one) and sometimes the regular trek route( which is good idea to climb without being out of breath). And finally I reached @ Kalyan darwaja….My time was 1.17 minutes…………….not bad but still lot much space to improve.
I rest there for a while and walked towards Tanaji kada(Wind point) to have blast of fresh air. There is one new thing on the fort that is Valley Crossing. That is one hell awesome thing to do…I left this stuff one hoping u guys come with me some day to do this stunt……………
Resting there sometime I finally started to descend Sinhgad……………..There was school trip of Dnyan Probodhini on the fort……..the guys/gals from std. 4…..recited a Powada of Tanaji Malusare………there chorus/voices so intense that it brought me goos-bumbs all over body……………………It took another one hour to reach @ base……………..and I successfully completed my 2 forts expedition with pride………………
 
This write-up just to bring ur senses alive, take u  close to nature and hoping to be with me for most of the treks……………still 360 forts to be seen…………………
 
Life is so short so fragile…………..Live it fully………Break the rulz………..help the needy…………..forget quickly……………..Love intensely……………………….and finally Feel the one & only Yash-O-mania

No comments:

Post a Comment